THE CULTURE OF PEACE DIALOGUES
PLAY the CULTURE-OF-PEACE-GAME!: Home Page :: Definitions Game :: Routes Game

history of state:
armies and armaments

Armies and armaments
(Coordinator Comment)

Without going into great detail, the priority devoted by the state to the culture of war can be measured to some extent by the proportion of its budget dedicated to military spending.

The largest proportions are those of Russia (22.4%), China (22.2%) and the Middle East (21.4%). Although the US admits to only 15.7%, sources indicate that this is an underestimate. According to the Friends Committee on National Legislation (2008), the U.S. government in 2006 devoted 28% of its budget to current military spending and another 13% to debt payment for past military spending, a total of 41%.

Visitor Comments

To add your own comments in this box, click on the "Add Reply" button at the bottom of the page. For this you must be registered and logged in.

game administrator Mar. 29 2009,19:07
Readers' comments are invited on this topic.
0 replies since Mar. 29 2009,19:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]


 
reply to topic

PLAY the CULTURE-OF-PEACE-GAME!: Home Page :: Definitions Game :: Routes Game